Western side Wall
WEST FLANGE WALL BUILT 1360
The western side wall, built around 1360, already connected the Annot — the predecessor to the Munot (built 1564–1589) — with the wall around the medieval town.
Originally it had a wooden wall walk on the inside.
The cannonball with the year 1721 marks the repairs made in 1720 / 21.
a/b | Two stages in the construction of the town wall, circa 1360.
c | Original battlement openings, later replaced with gunloops.
d | Repairs made after a storm damage from 1720.